Kanye West’s visit to The White House was an interesting one. From dropping the f-bomb in the oval office to claiming the Kardashian family has low male energy to calling himself a “fine wine,” there was not a shortage of shocking moments during Mr. West’s bizarre meeting with President Trump in the Oval Office on Thursday (October 11) afternoon.
Check out the 10 strangest quotes from his visit below!
Kenya in the Oval Office, right now pic.twitter.com/rBblM0jFOZ
— Vivian Salama (@vmsalama) October 11, 2018
1. Kanye told Trump he was misdiagnosed with bipoloar disorder. He claimed he’s just sleep-deprived.
“I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, I was connected with a neuropsychologist that works with the athletes in the NBA and NFL. He looked at my brain… He said that I wasn’t actually bipolar, I had sleep deprivation which can cause dementia 10 to 20 years from now when I wouldn’t even remember my son’s name.”
2. The “All Mine” rapper said there isn’t a lot of “male energy” in the Kardashian family.
“They tried to scare me to not wear this hat, my own friends, but this hat it gives me, it gives me power. You know, my dad and my mom separated, so I didn’t have a lot of male energy in my home. And also, I’m married to a family that, you know – not a lot of male energy going on. It’s beautiful though.”
3. Ye told Trump he should be flying in a hydrogen-powered plane rather than Air Force One.
“I brought a gift me right here. [A photo of] the iPlane1 — it’s a hydrogen-powered airplane. And this is what our President should be flying in.”
Kanye West is discussing a variety of topics with Pres. Trump in the Oval Office, including, but not limited to: American manufacturing, mental health awareness, a bipolar disorder diagnosis that another doctor subsequently refuted and a new design for Air Force One. pic.twitter.com/yB7ShiWEFm
— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) October 11, 2018
4. Kanye slammed Saturday Night Live and liberals for bashing Trump, saying it doesn’t make Americans look good.
“What I need Saturday Night Live to improve on and what I need the liberals to improve on is, if [the president] don’t look good, we don’t look good. This is our president. He has to be the freshest, fliest,[have] the fliest planes… and we have to make our core be empowered.”
5. The “I Love It” rapper said Hillary Clinton’s campaign didn’t make him feel like a man’s man, but Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan made him feel like Superman.
“I love Hillary… But the campaign ‘I’m With Her’ just didn’t make me feel as a guy — that didn’t get to see my dad a lot of the time— that could play catch with his son. It was something about when I put this [Make America Great Again] hat on, it made me feel like Superman. You made a superman cape for me…”
6. He said people claiming Trump is a racist doesn’t affect his love for him.
“You think racism can control me? Oh, that don’t stop me. That’s an invisible wall.”
Kanye West with President Trump in Oval Office: "I love this guy right here." pic.twitter.com/40Q24j5fRJ
— CSPAN (@cspan) October 11, 2018
7. Kanye told a reporter he’s like a “fine wine.”
“I don’t answer questions in simple sound bites. You are tasting a fine wine. It has multiple notes to it. You better play 4-d chess with me like it’s a minority report because it ain’t that simple, it’s complex.”
8. He doubled down on his “abolish the 13th Amendment” statement.
“I did say abolish [the 13th Amendement] with the [MAGA] hat on because why would you keep something around that’s a trap door… We don’t have 13 floors, do we? We don’t need sentences, we need pardons. We need to talk to people… We don’t have the reparations but we have the 13th Amendment. We gotta open up the whole conversation.”
9. Ye told Trump he loves him and gave him a hug to prove it.
“I love you!”
10. To end his 10-minute monologue, Kanye called trump a “hero,” while calling himself a “crazy motherf**ker.”
“Let’s stop worrying about the future all we really have is today…Trump is on his hero’s journey right now. And might not have thought he’d have a crazy motherf**ker like Kanye West’s support.”
“I love Hillary. I love everyone, but the campaign ‘I’m with her’ just didn’t make me feel — as a guy … it was something about this hat that made me feel like Superman,” famed musician Kanye West said of his MAGA hat while discussing masculinity, the economy and his brand pic.twitter.com/T06Z5tOSIU
— POLITICO (@politico) October 11, 2018